4th quarter post

I would like you to grade Bringing Lunch to School: a privilege?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Search

Junior Theme has been going pretty smoothly except for one major speed bump: I don't know what to search. The librarians have done an excellent job showing us how to do advanced searches and get exactly what you are looking for but my problem is figuring out what words to put in the search. In one subtopic of my research I have been able to find huge amounts of information because there is a specific category that I am looking under and not much variation. The topic is prescription drug advertising. But one of the other parts, diagnosis, I am having real difficulty because there is such a brood spectrum of what diagnosis includes and I am not sure on the best way to narrow it down. If I search something like "diagnostic tools and prescription drugs" there is a lot that comes up but a lot is specific to cancer or still way too broad. What I am looking for is information on how tools of diagnosis have improved which could possibly be a reason why more people are on prescription drugs then in previous decades. I'm sure I will end up finding something that works but for now I will just have to keep on searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment